Happy Friday, sociologists! Here are a few of the things we’ve been watching and reading this week.
A Trade War?
- Trump’s Latest Tariff Strategy: Less Trade War, and More Let’s Make a Deal (New York Times)
- Little Evidence Supports Trump’s Claims Against China on Tariffs and Trade (New York Times)
- Trump’s steel tariffs are mere political theater (The Guardian)
Race in America
- How to Kill a Revolution: The Whitewashing of King’s Assassination (The Atlantic)
- A Provision Hidden in the Banking Bill Could Hurt Black Homeowners (The Atlantic)
- Flint and America’s Corroded Trust (Mother Jones)
- How America’s clean coal dream unravelled (The Guardian)